Tuesday 23 September 2008

sweet nothings...

Ok..so life around me is always exciting and full of thrill..(For others to hear about!!)
and just another one of those incidents for me happened on Saturday..
very merrily i was booking my tickets for my Jaipur trip on Diwali..and when i looked around to check my wallet to take out my dear credit card("dear"has a deep meaning to it..but i would describe it sometime later)and there i was shocked to find that my wallet was missing..
grrrrrrrrrrrrr...........
goodness..i went berserk looking for it everywhere..in my jhola type bag(i have a fetish for bigggggggg bags...the bigger the better!!!),in my wardrobe..and almost everywhere..even those places where there were no chances of finding it..and there i had almost transformed into a nervous wreck..
I immidiately caught hold of the car keys and rushed to the sweet shop where i had so religiously bought my favourite "rasmalai"(talk about putting kilos on your body coz of over eating..and then trying to go on a healthy diet....grrrrrrrr again!!)those 10 mins of drive had all the post thoughts running in my mind(like i told u..i never can think of only one thing at a time)..i had already started contemplating on how to get my credit cards and the debit cards blocked..and at the same time i was getting depressed about the hoardes of loyalty cards that i collected over my years of shopping stints with shoppers stop,lifestyle,pantaloons,and blah ..blah..mind you..im not loyal to just one brand..you name it and i have the loyalty for it..
anyways...much to my disappointment,my wallet wasn't there at the sweet shop..
grrrr....grrrrr
i started cursing the mithai wala as religiously as i had smiled at him when i bought the rasmalai there..i was cursing the moment when the whole thought of eating that rasmalai entered my mind..grrrr...(again!!!)
and there was..getting back home..planning my steps..getting the cards blocked..and also somehow trying to talk to my loyalty partners and getting them to re issue me my cards with the same number of points..(hell yeah..so what..i couldnt let go of some thousands of loyalty points just like that)
i reached back..and just thought of giving a final look into my bag..
and for the first time since I had bought it..I looked within the bag properly to find that it had a smart slit within it(as in the inner lining of cloth had a slit -to keep ur important stuff.)Excited enough I searched more and isnt it like so obvious now ..knowing me that i had used a feature of my bag unknowingly in the excitement of that mithai..and there behind that cloth lining was my sweet huge wallet resting in peace..
was i exhilerated..or was i exhilerated..i finally had it back..
and ofcourse the thrill of having a scientific kinda bag was unmatched...

and like i told you God has his way of having fun at my expense..those 45 minutes would have been a pure thrill for Him up there..:-)
so here Iam with my lost and found story(blown out of proportion)and ofcourse rasmalai still topping the charts for being my fave mithai...

8 comments:

Nidhi said...

ROFL !!

Bhagwaan ne tumko seriously fursat mein gadha hai :)))

By the way even I love big bags and am often seen diving into it to find my wallet :D

o I can pretty much relate to ur 45 minutes of excitement :)) dat happens wimme many a times wen i look for my purse n dont find it der... n der i go.... PANIC !! PANIC !!

But then as always :) my big jholas save me :) deep inside , in one of the corners... hiding itself in one of the slits.. is my lil purse :) so full of my loyalty towards d brands u mentioned and some more :D

I now cant think of anything else but a hug which i have for u :) for u r my true fren and a true AQUARIAN :)

:D

Unknown said...

We all need to carry big bgs. Afterall, we need to keep our hubby's watch, then wallet then..watever come in his obstruction of driving car...

Read this:http://chirpyparo.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-lost-cellalmost.html
t tell about my Jhole ka jhamela....

Toonfactory said...

Hahahahaha.....I think that mithaiwala should name his Rasmalai-Rushmalai...Once it happened to me too...I lost my wallet, got all my Debit & Credit Cards blocked to realize the wallet was playing hide and seek with me sandwiched between two books..and the trouble I went thru getting those blocked cards re-activate...

santasizing...Fantasizing said...

#Nidhi:-Thanks for the compliment..I guess wid my luck for having fun around me all the time..I should be fishing for more compliments in the near future...:D:D:D

#Paro:-Hell yeah...wonder how you keep getting into accidents now...staying wid me has imbibed it well in you:P

#ToonFactory:-I cant tell you...i had so much tension on my head...all for those loyalty cards...:-(i still cant forget the crazy rush i had on my head...eventually i wasnt as unlucky..Godji was just having fun...And be it rasmalai..or rushmalai..it remains my fave:-)

Toonfactory said...

Magar Bangalore mein achhi Rasmalai milti kahaan hai??? except for KC Das at Church street and one more place at MG Rd. I never had good sweets in Bangalore

santasizing...Fantasizing said...

@toonfactory-Well yes KC das is the only place here.and thankfully its near my place..I wont say its out of the world...yet for mithai lovers..anything decentwould work when the craving calls for it...right:-)

akashthematrix said...

Sweet nothing...was really sweet something girl...

The best part was reading similar experiences of all the girls who posted comments...

How beautifully u all share ur mishaps...n with a lot of elan...u ppl definitely scare ur hubbies to death, quite frequently so...isn't it?

Still a nice read...though a late read for me...courtsey my blogger settings...:)

santasizing...Fantasizing said...

#akash-thanks a tonne..it wasnt meant to be a post..yet..may be this is what u call a writers block..i have been going thru that for some time now:-)